In honor of Trans Ova’s 40th Anniversary, we have asked team members to reminisce about their time with Trans Ova and what they see for the future.
Our first team member spotlight to celebrate Trans Ova Genetics’ 40th Anniversary is Gaylon Jansma. Over Gaylon’s 28 years with Trans Ova he has held a variety of positions but currently serves as Facilities Manager for our Corporate Headquarters in Sioux Center, IA.
1. What is your favorite Trans Ova memory?
28 Years ago, we used horses to get cattle out of pastures, cornfields and cattle yards at the Sioux Center facility. I have a lot of fun memories riding my mare.
2. What do you like best about your time at Trans Ova?
The thing I like best is working with great people that are now like family.
3. What excites you about the future of Trans Ova?
The opportunities that comes with the growth of a growing company.
4. What thoughts and emotions come to mind when you think about Trans Ova’s 40th anniversary?
Time goes by so fast. It has been fun watching us go from a newer company with limited resources and staff to what we have become today.
5. In what different ways has Trans Ova excelled or grown in the last 40 years?
Trans Ova has worked hard to build quality facilities around the country for us to work in. Trans Ova has also been aggressive in adding (programs – tools in the toolbox) to continue to be the leader in their industry.
6. What is your biggest accomplishment at Trans Ova?
I feel my biggest accomplishment has been the work I have contributed to building or remodeling all the facilities and buildings. It has been challenging designing them, but very rewarding watching others use the facilities or buildings and hearing the positive feedback from people in them.